What Types of TABC Permits Do Restaurants and Bars Need to Serve Alcohol?

The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) offers a couple of different options for restaurants wanting a Texas liquor license or permit. However, all options available are considered “on-premise” permits, meaning you intend to sell alcohol directly to the consumer which will be consumed on the premises.

What Are the Requirements for Acquiring an Austin Liquor License?

Are you ready to apply for your an Austin liquor license or permit for your retail establishment, but don’t know where to start?

There are many steps to this process, but we’ve compiled some tips to help you get started. Making sure you understand the entire process is a great place to start so that you can create a plan for acquiring your Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) permit and develop a realistic timeline.

What Forms Make Up a Typical TABC Permit Application for a Restaurant or Bar?

The process for applying for a new Texas liquor license or permit can be time-consuming and confusing, especially when factoring in the forms, fees, and additional requirements your business must keep up with.

What Do I Do If I Lose My 60-Day Sign?

For many establishments, an important part of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) permit application process includes posting a 60-day sign. This sign gives public notice that you plan to sell alcohol for on-premises consumption at a location where that has not recently or previously happened.

How Do You Get a 60-Day Sign?

As you begin the TABC permit application process, you will need to first determine whether your establishment requires a 60-day sign. Some applicants, depending on their establishments’ location and alcoholic beverage service history, may be required to post a sign at their location address for 60 days.

Understanding the Differences Between a Texas Liquor License and Permit

Permit or license: which does your establishment need? The short answer is, “it depends.”

The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code regulates alcoholic beverages in the state, requiring businesses to have specific authorization to engage in the alcoholic beverage industry. If you intend to buy alcohol for resale or sell alcohol, you absolutely must have specific authority from the state of Texas.

Although people in the industry commonly use the term “Texas liquor license” interchangeably to describe both permits and licenses, the two are not one and the same.  

Why Choose Storm Liquor License to Help With Your TABC Permit Application?

If you struggle to figure out how to handle the submission process, time commitment, or cost of acquiring a Texas liquor license — you can breathe a sigh of relief.

Storm Liquor License removes the hassles by managing the entire licensing process on your behalf. We will expedite the permitting timeline and solve any difficulties that arise along the way, providing you with the easiest liquor licensing service in Texas.

5 Reasons Why You Should Hire a Texas Liquor License Company

While the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) is highly efficient, the laws and regulations surrounding the liquor license and permit application process can be intimidating, confusing, and time-consuming when faced alone.

As a business owner and working professional, there are not enough hours in the day to dig into the logistics and governmental details of the licensing process, all while juggling a growing business.

Fortunately, a Texas liquor license company can take the tedious process off your hands. However, if you still aren’t sure if hiring a liquor licensing service is the best fit for your business, here are some benefits of outsourcing the permit application process:

Do You Need a 60-Day Sign?

One of the first steps to take as you begin the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) licensing process is to determine whether the TABC will require proof of a 60-day sign before they will issue your Texas liquor license or permit. This sign announces to the public that you are attempting to sell alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption at a location where that has not previously (or recently) happened.